Gregg Emde is a water polo coach for the Rockwood Swim Club. (This is my swim team. He is my water polo coach.)
Gregg started swimming at the age of six (6) for Claymont Bath and Tennis, subsequently known as The Bath and Tennis Club of West County (West county of St. Louis). Swimming competitively continued for Emde for the next thirteen (13) years, including Parkway Swim Club and Rockwood Swim Club. He also went to the Councilman Swim Camp at Indiana University while in his swimming prime. Swimming for two (2) State Championship teams ('82 and '85) with Parkway West and Dr. Lane Page was the end of his competitive swimming career.

Emde started playing Water Polo in 1982 as a sophomore at Parkway West. That team began its sophomore season zero to four (0-4) and ended that season in third (3rd) place. in State for the Sophomore State Tournament. Playing spring and summer ball with Daisy Water Polo and Don Casey (Daisy's coach... an ass hole, but THE guy to play for in Missouri) added much to Emde's experience and knowledge of the game. Daisy, with Emde, finished third at the Junior Olympics in the summer of 1984. Gregg's senior year was the first and only State Championship in Parkway West's water polo history. Gregg saw his team move from a 3-0 team to a 22-0 team his senior year. He also was selected for Missouri's All-State Team and was invited to train with and try out for the National Team following his graduation.

Turning down some scholarships, Gregg was coach and Captain of Denison University's water polo team for two (2) years before transferring to Ohio University and immediately founded a water polo program at that school. Although most of his new team were relatively new to the sport, the team had a winning record the two (2) years Emde ran the program. This program still exists today.

Gregg still likes to get in the water and play polo with the Clayton Senior Men's Water Polo Team when his schedule allows. He doubles as a referee during the high school season. He has been with MSHSAA for four (4) years. This also help keep him familiar with the revisions of the rules of the sport and teach how to cheat in the sport well. In 2001 Gregg was rate one of the top ten (10) refs in the area. Gregg has been asked to coach the Speed Cup Team, the Youth Zone, and several High School teams.

Gregg and his wife, Sheila, live in St. Louis with their two (2) boys, Steven and Joshua (most likely future water polo stars). Aside from water polo, Gregg also coaches his sons in baseball. He also works in sales... but that is boring stuff.