Pullman is a band on the Thrilljockey record label, recording mostly acoustic instrumentals that meander in a way not unlike John Fahey. Their focus is primarily one of texture and environment.

They have released two albums. In 1997, Turnstiles and Junkpiles. This album had nothing but acoustic instruments: bass, guitar, mandolin, Irish Bazouki, Dobro, and little to no drums. There is a song on this album that recalls for me the impossible beauty of an ideally clean Venice, Italy -- "Lyasnya." The entire album was recorded in a loft using two very nice microphones. At times you can hear them creak in their chairs as they move to the music. Oh so choice.

Viewfinder was released in 2001, featuring subtle electric and electronic instruments to aid in drone-like texture. The pieces are still beautiful and often bring about Eastern European sounds. This album is a bit more psychedelic and often more Tortoise-like than Turnstiles. Douglas McCombs, master of the bass guitar plucks meaningful phrases in "Or Otherwise," a method of slow contemplation. The vinyl version of this album has four bonus tracks.

Members of Pullman include:

Chris Brokaw - also in Come.
Curtis Harvey - also in Rex and the Letter E.
Bundy K. Brown - also known as Ken Brown. Fronted Directions in Music and also was in Tortoise for a short time.
Doug McCombs - also in Tortoise, Brokeback, Eleventh Dream Day and more.