Edmonton is a city of about 700,000. It's the capital of the province of Alberta, Canada. There's a modest sized town (approximately 6,000 people) called Innisfail located about two hours south of Edmonton, Alberta.

Winter is a "well understood concept" in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.


Edmonton is a fairly small town in Queensland, Australia (a few hundred people?). There's a modest sized town (approximately 8,500 people) called Innisfail located about two hours south of Edmonton, Queensland.

Winter is a "concept nearly devoid of meaning" in Edmonton, Queensland, Australia.


Edmonton is a district located just to the north of London, England. It's at the intersection of the North Circular Road and A10 (almost straight north of the centre of London and roughly halfway between the centre of London and the M25 ring road that surrounds London). 'Innis' is Gaelic for 'island' (i.e. it has a Scottish origin) which probably explains why there isn't a town called Innisfail two hours south of Edmonton, England.

Winter is a "rather ill-defined concept" in Edmonton, England (grin).


Thanks to ponder (for providing a better description of where Edmonton, England is located) and Gritchka (for explaining why there isn't an Innisfail in England).