Today is a bizarre day.

Yes, one of those.

I'll better start in chronological order. It'll be easier.

Yesterday (technically today at sometime about 01:30) we went with some friends to that disco. You know, that one we've been zillions of times and never scored a nickel. First, we've had to cope with the daylight savings and all those girlies paying us the slightest attention. Well, we were about to leave when a trio of those little female demons actually sidestepped to let us pass unhindered, sure sympthom that they had in fact seen us as autonomous living beings, opposed to mere moving automatons not deserving of them. That caused unprecedented joy and managed to steal a smile from my face. That seemed to get to those girlies, because as I passed by one of them, she managed to squarely pat me in the butt, supposedly to get my attention or perhaps to reward me with their valuable friendship. Naturally and stupidly, I didn't take unfair advantage of the situation, as usual when girls blissfully ignore useless social conventions and dive straight at me. I'll try to improve on this severe shortcoming of mine someday. What is a self-righteous man supposed to do when some unknown woman pats him in the butt? I'll write a node on this particular subject soon.
Ah, flirting, thou art unknown.

In ten days time I am starting as a professor at a Computer Science college near you(tm). It'll be my first experience of this kind. I still haven't written any teaching material yet. Don't worry, it's all in my head. This is kinda scary, as I've just left college myself (just two months ago). I was the one always bitching about the boring professors and their ilk, about their awful teaching and stuff. Now I'll be facing 30 of those so-called students, ready to spring into berserk at the simplest slip of my mind.
My mom has a saying: "Didn't you want soup? Here you have two bowls!"

To get ready for my CS classes I've compiled and installed on my MacOS X box the following software: the latest httpd version of Apache and the latest version of MySQL. MySql bitched at me and had to modify the source code directly to get rid of a compilation error, nothing serious really, just a runaway misaligned cast.
Ah, the soft pleasures of coding and system administration...

And last but not least, today's the first day I write something in Everything.
This is in fact a most bizarre day, indeed.