So, it’s about 2:30 am on September 7, 2000, and I’ve just deleted all my porn. I don’t know why, I was doing my laundry, and after putting my clothes in the dryer, I just located my directory of smut and deleted it.

I don’t really think of this as a political act or what have you, but in removing my porn, I’ve freed up 300 MB. I now have 10.3 GB free amongst all my Hard Drives. This doesn’t matter to me. I don’t think porn is immoral or anything, but now it’s all gone.

If the feds seize my computer, at least they won’t know I’m a pervert.

The thoughts occur to me rather constantly. I am engaged. Is looking at another female (that being my preference for my partners) by definition immoral? In real life, I’m rather unimpressed by many women I see, even though I live on a college campus. Matter of fact, most women here depress me. Many are searching for MRS degrees, and the one’s that are not are generally idiots. Don’t get me wrong, I have a similarly negative opinion of males in my college environment, but this isn’t the node for that. Ninety nine percent of people are stupid. I prefer interesting people in interesting situations, and if I’m looking for it, interesting clothing. Interesting being nearly anything that isn’t jeans and t-shirts or what might be the flavor of the month (in this area, Bloomington/Normal, Illinois, it’s tight black pants with a tank-top, bra is optional). If women want men to like them for their personalities, why do they dress like hookers? I avoid these people.

I don’t know if porn is immoral, or if it’s immoral if you’re attached to another person. Like the abortion debate, I don’t feel like I’m qualified to make that decision. I know I’ll probably never have sex with another person besides the woman I’ve decided to be with forever. I can live with this, but the thought remains in my mind, just how different can it be?

No answers here, sorry.


Flameboy:
I'm aware of the data recovering techniques used by federal officers. However, I don't think they'd be interested in what I did have.