Yeah, I couldn't think of a better title. Shoot me. If I had titled it what I wanted to call it, it would have had the noder's name in the title, and that noder has had too many titles with his name in it already. Way too many.

What I want to say here is this:

This place can have a very real effect on your real life. Me, it doesn't make that much difference 'cause I work for myself and I'm sort of what you'd call established. I could make more money if I'd get my ass off of this place more often and call some folks or get in my car and go see 'em, but it's not going to change my life all that much, one way or the other. What I want is to be a witness to this place changing someone's life in a dramatic fashion. And I think we have that chance before us right this very minute.

I won't mention the person by name, but there is a high-level noder who is on the verge of getting his sorry ass kicked out of a very prestigious college, somewhere on the East Coast, due to his addiction to noding. He has a very clear choice to make in the next few days and weeks and months, and I think we should set up shop and just watch what happens. He's obviously a bright kid, but rumor has it that his grades have slipped to the point where he's either going to have to put in some serious school time or be shown the door.

You might want to monitor this yourself. It can be a sort of Jennicam on E2, only in print. Watch the amount of time this noder spends on here each day. Watch for node quality. Is he really applying himself to E2? Is he mailing them in? Watch for nodes about how he's doing in his classes. Is he happy about his progress in real life? You can believe me when I tell you that if he is not, you will be the first to hear about it.

The culmination of all this will be when he finally flops to one side or the other. It's either heaven or hell for this guy, right now, and he's facing St. Peter at the gates.

I'm not sure where to put my money or my heart in this matter. I know that if he gets through this college mess, he'll wind up being some sort of evil capitalistic robber baron. But even that life has a downside.

On the other hand, a real failure at this point in his academic career might turn him into the writer/poet/homo he secretly wants to be.

If you wish to place wagers, you can contact me at 1-888-DAV-IDLI.