The biggest laugh I got out of the whole GOP convention was the sight of a bunch of would-be anarchists yelling,

"George Bush
You can't hide
We accuse you
Of Homicide!"

I wonder if these kids even know who Rickey Ray Rector was? He was a black guy in Arkansas who was convicted of murder. He subsequently attempted suicide and made a pretty mess of it. He only blew away part of his brains. This left him in the mental state of a 5-year-old. He probably didn't understand anything that was happening as they readied his execution.

It is illegal to execute anyone incapable of understanding his crime or his punishment, but Bill Clinton suddenly quit working on the New Hampshire primary in 1992 so he could fly back to Arkansas and personally supervise this particular execution.

When Rector was taken from his cell to be killed, he told the guards he was saving some of the pecan pie he had been given "for later." When they put him on the table, he helped the executioners strap him in and find a vein, believing that he was being treated for some medical condition.

I don't know about the legality of this, but I do recognize the hypocrisy of the silly wannabe hippies. The silver lining in this cloud is that only 32% of folks age 18-24 voted in the last Presidential election. Forecasts say the figure will likely be lower this year. This, my friend, is the good news.