The Bible begins with the creation of heaven and earth in the book of Genesis. From chaos and nothingness, a divine being called God forms light and darkness, water and land, plants, stars and animals. God creates Adam, the first man, in the Garden of Eden, and from one of Adam’s ribs God creates Eve, the first woman. Why does God do this? What sort of being is He? Though as human beings, confined to this earth of His, we might like to think of Him as a benevolent and omnipotent Creator deity, He isn’t. The Bible, particularly in the book of Genesis, indicates that God is fallible, cruel, and extraterrestrial.

There are many things that point to God’s cruelty, and plenty of inconsistencies in the way the Christian church explains the actions of God. Throughout the Bible God is said to be the ultimate incarnation of good, His love for mankind supposedly demonstrated by his gift to earth of His only Son, Jesus Christ. But, God being eternal, Jesus being immortal, and Jesus being part of God, how is this really a sacrifice? It is only a sacrifice on the part of God to human understanding. The death of a son is something that humans, mortal and separate, understand as permanent and terrible. To God, it is not sacrifice but beautiful and part of the way of things: the death of Jesus is merely a return of one part of God to another. So, the idea of God’s great sacrifice is actually a great and fundamental lie, used to cause innocent human beings to feel guilty and indebted to God.

God treats with severity those who do not obey His commands. To Adam, in Gen 2:17, He says, “…of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat.” When Eve and then Adam disobey His word and they do eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, His reaction is harsh and merciless: “Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children…. And unto Adam He said….cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee…” (Gen 3:16-18) It is clear that God intended the world to be a hostile place to the “fallen” man. In this way is man blamed for his situation: it is all in reprimand to his transgression. Cursed, gifted with pain and toil, and denied the fruit of the tree of eternal life: Thus are Adam and Eve punished for their attempt to know and then perhaps decide for themselves the validity of God’s power. As an ultimate result, billions of people on earth have suffered for thousands of years—all of human history a mire of pain, because of the sin of two people.

Why these cruelties toward what seemed at first to be God’s pet project? What is faith but blind belief and obedience? Is it a benevolent being that would demand this of a race that supposedly has free will? On the contrary, in the face of what He conceives to be human pride, God even declares Himself merciless: “This evil people, which refuse to hear my words….I will dash them one against the other…saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.” (Jeremiah 13:10, 14) 1

The seemingly irrational despotic reactions of God aside, there is also the issue of His omnipotence with which to contend. If He is truly all-knowing, then He would have to have known that Adam and Eve would transgress if given the chance. If what makes humans so interesting for Him is their free will, then why does He damn them for exercising it? An all-seeing, all-powerful God would have had the choice to keep Adam and Eve away from the tree of knowledge. He did not choose to do this. Instead, he left them there with the tree, unguarded and innocent. The argument that he was “testing their faith” has no credibility—-an all-knowing being has no need for tests when a simple glimpse into the future would suffice. No logical explanation for this particular cruelty presents itself.

The question of the extent of God’s power and the range and nature of His sight is not a new one. Supposedly, God is a being with limitless power to create and destroy as He chooses, and with the ability to see all that has happened and all that will be. Taken literally, the creation of everything as described quickly and matter-of-factly in chapter one of Genesis is a series of great miracles, and utterly impossible by human standards. Indeed, in Genesis 1:3-5, God creates the Day itself, and the Night, bringing out of an inconceivable Nothingness things of which we cannot even envision a beginning or end. Human logic seems to have no place in these verses: trees and plants cannot spring up overnight; living animals cannot simply appear; great mountains and rivers take decades to form.

Impossible for any being to do, much less alone, and thus awe-inspiring-—but did God do it alone? If it seems impossible, it probably is. Gen 2:1 states: “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.” According to P. Cooke, the word “host” is taken from “tsaba,” which literally means an army. The word “them” was added. Cooke also claims that this army is spoken of nearly 300 times from the creation to Armageddon with God as its leader. 2 It is impossible to tell how large the army of God actually was or is, but the references at various points in scripture to hosts of angels or beings place the number reasonably in the tens of thousands or even millions. Call them angels or what you will; this is quite possibly an entire alien race. (bibleufo.com refers to this race as the Elohiym, from "sons of God" or B'nai haElohim in Hebrew.)

The process of Creation is an astounding thing, and in large part what is so arresting about it is the speed at which the Creation is to have taken place. If we assume that thousands of beings, all working under the supreme God’s command, were present and involved during Creation, this lifts some of the absurdity from the idea of a world created in six days. However, we must also examine Time and what is means to God. The extraterrestrials that created earth are obviously different from humans on many levels, and there are references in the Bible to the near irrelevance of Time to them. For example, Psalms 90:4 states, “For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.” The church tells us that God is simply eternal. Perhaps what this really means is that these alien beings are not subject to Time in the same way that we are. That the Elohiym created the world in six earth-days loses any significance once it is clear that scripture refers to the human conception of Time.

There are a few small sections of Genesis that indicate the extraterrestrial nature of God and his “host” or “vast array” (Gen 2:1). Cain and Abel were the first offspring of Adam and Eve. Though the first couple were to beget many more children later on, at this point it is logical to assume that Cain, Abel, Adam and Eve were then the only four people on earth. It is impossible for other people, let alone women, to have existed. However, Gen 4:17 says that, “Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch…” (emphasis mine). Where did she come from? We have already established that she cannot be human.

Further evidence that she is an extraterrestrial being is offered in the next chapter. Book five of Genesis is concerned with the descendants of Adam, giving a repetitive list of his lineage. The list takes the following form: a man is mentioned, and his age, and then the children he had, and finally the phrase, “And he died.” This goes on for roughly 30 verses. However, in the middle of all this, the highly schematic phrasing changes: “And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methu’selah three hundred years and begat sons and daughters….and Enoch walked with God: and he was no longer there, for God took him.” (Gen 5:22, 24) But for these lines, the form does not change.

Why the clear change in phrasing, and why only regarding Enoch, son of Cain? The obvious theory is this: that Enoch was the first begotten son of a human and an extraterrestrial being, and that this passage records not his death, but his abduction: God, that is, the Elohiym, “took him,” most likely to study the product of a joining of an alien and a human.

Apparently the results were satisfactory. The following passage depicts the startling routine abduction of and coupling with human women by aliens, both before the great Flood and afterward: “When men began to multiply on earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw how beautiful the daughters of man were, and so they took for their wives as many of them as they chose…. At that time the Nephilim appeared on earth (as well as later), after the sons of heaven had intercourse with the daughters of man, who bore them sons. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown.” (Gen 6:1-4; all emphasis mine.)

The term “sons of God” (translated above from the Hebrew) always refers to angels. G. Malone notes, “this passage from Genesis is debated because of the disturbing nature of this topic. Many competent and prominent Bible scholars of today believe the "sons of God" are of human lineage,” that is “sons of Seth.” So, Genesis 6, quite a Biblical oddity, depicts the coupling of angel or alien men with human women. The product of these unions? A strange hybrid called the “Nephilim.” This interpretation cannot easily be dismissed, as strange as it sounds; the writer of this passage took care to oppose the terms “sons of Elohim” (a term used consistently in the Old Testament for “angels”) and the term “daughters of man.” To apply the terms in any broader sense has no textual basis. It is abundantly clear that humans are not the only beings discussed.

Genesis gives us the story of human creation. It also gives us clues to the relationship between the extraterrestrial race that was responsible for that creation, and the subsequent relations between our species and theirs. This deliberate crossbreeding with a superior species could lead to an explanation of our evolution, as part of our creators’ endeavor to build a race of beings that began from nothing and will eventually equal the Elohiym, if only humans can surpass their cruelty. In short, Genesis is our key to understanding the fallible and extraterrestrial nature of our elusive God.


1 http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/jer/13.html#14
2 http://www.bibleufo.com/anomcreation.htm