WeirdStuff is a store located in SunnyVale and Fremont in the San Francisco Bay Area. Their website is:

http://www.weirdstuff.com

From the design the website, you should be able to determine that this is no ordinary computer store.

If you are really into computer hardware or want to get your hands on some really old computer equipment, you will love this place. WeirdStuff specializes in purchasing old hardware from companies and reselling it.

They have hundreds of original Macs (yes the little beige ones with the built in B&W screen) for $10. Some of them work, some of them don't. The working status of the machine is written in permanent marker on the screen. I saw conditions of "Gives bong, but no boot", and "Boots, but no input".

They have isles of random hardware, from screws to old vacuum tubes, to 10MB hard drives that are bigger than a coffee table. They also have more recent hardware. The last time I was there, they had an SGI Onyx for $800. I was tempted, but I passed on that one. They have PCs, Macs, Suns, and several other types of computers.

I've only purchased an obscure European game CD-ROM from them, but every time I go there, it is quite an adventure.

Update: It appears they have changed their website a bit. The URL to their Sunnyvale store still shows their unique side:

http://www.weirdstuff.com/sunnyvale/index.htm