For no particular reason I found myself in a fast food restaurant in Louisville Kentucky last weekend.  It was about 90, with humidity to match, so I decided it might be a good idea to get something to drink.   I walked into an unnamed fast food place for some tea, but no not Sweet tea which is both very popular South of the Mason Dixon and God awful.  Just tea, with a lot of ice.   

 

After sitting a bit and cooling off I headed to the restroom and found both a sign that said For Customers ONLY and a security keypad. This was a sketchy sort of neighborhood,  not quite fancy enough to be cool, but shooting for that,  so I shouldn't have been surprised. 

On my way back to the counter to get the code I saw a half awake homeless lady out of the corner of my eye who motioned to me-  and then whispered:  Three Two, Three Two and held up her fingers to make sure I was getting the numbers correctly.   She appeared to be both sincere and also a bit dazzed from the heat (she was wearing a trenchcoat and had several bags of supplies, so I am guessing she was a genuine homeless person, and not just an odd person hanging out.) 

I walked back to the bathroom and entered the code, which worked- of course.  

I gave her a nod on the way out the door but she didn't really acknowledge it.    She had done her good deed of the day and needed nothing else.