Enter a room, an office of some sort. A woman sits alone, in typical office wear, seemingly the only occupant of said room. She is unaware that you are watching her, and instead engrossed by her own massive breasts. She looks shocked, as if she has never seen them before, and is observedly aroused by them, in fact worryingly so, since no woman should be particularly surprised, let alone astounded, by having breasts. It's not like they appear overnight.

So this woman is aroused, and you can tell this by her look of amazement and the little gasps that emerge from her mouth every few seconds, and by the fact that she is now rubbing the front of her workshirt in circles as she gasps. Her expression and exclamations are more than a little like a 5 year old child opening a Christmas present. But it is not cute because of this. It's weird.

I have no idea why, who or how....this is just what happens.

So suddenly a man in a suit appears from nowhere. The woman looks upset, and it's pretty clear that this man is her 'boss'. He proceeds to scold her, and then force her to open her shirt. Her private joy is invaded by this man wielding a proverbial club of power, and though she looks pretty disgusted at the idea, eventually he prises her shirt open and pulls her breasts out of her bra. He then proceeds to play childishly, pulling on her bra straps to make her breasts move up and down.

I have no idea how this is sexy, but apparently it gets Korean men off.

Judging by Korean porn, the kind provided for free in 'love' (sex) motels all over the country, women do *not* enjoy sex. At most, and I mean in the least revolting way, they are bored by sex and are doing it to get the guy off.

At worst, and I mean in the most stomach-churning way, the woman is having what looks like a fucking-awful-time. Cajolled and manipulated into the set up, either by boss, blackmailer or just plain ole street rapist, she spends the entire time wincing, frowning or being on the verge of embarrassed tears.

The woman's act of resistance and reluctant acceptance of sex portrays a clear message to the viewer - women do not enjoy sex. They are not meant to enjoy sex. They are meant to do it in the end, but put up a respectable amount of resistance first and preferably throughout the whole shebang (ha). Their whimpers are more pitiful than a baby squirrel in danger and their pained expressions are more wince-inducing than the sight of a guy falling crotch-first onto a metal fence.

And this is what Korean men jerk off to?

Western porn on the other hand goes completely onto the other path of misogynistic tendancy, not the asexual woman too 'pure' to enjoy sex, but the insatiable whore-monster who cannot rest until she has had all the cock in the land. The slag-whore-bitch-ho-cocksucker-fuck-pig route is far more explicit in its dehumanisation of women, but it is just another form of the same misogyny in a different wolf's clothing. This is the woman who cannot help herself - she is unable to control her lust, she is consumed by it, and so must consume as much cock as possible to satisfy it. Nevermind the fact that most porn is as unimaginative as possible, I guess partly cuz guys need as little help as anyone to actually get off, and if all you want is a palmful of jizzum in the fastest time possible, that is what you need. The formula of insatiable woman, readily available now and always, no matter how fat and ugly the guy is, seems to be the staple undercurrent that is found in Western porn. Western men, it seems, need to be reassured that women want it, no matter what, and that a slag is the ultimate woman-tool for degrading and finally dehumanising a woman into an object that is as unthreatening as possible.

The two views of women have run throughout the long history of misogyny, repeating themselves with the kind of cycles of unimagination reflected in porn today. The Greeks did it, the Romans did it, the Christians did it, the Muslims did it, and the Victorians did it better than anyone.