After my ICQ stopped working yesterday around midnight and because of the fact that I had to get up today at 9 AM I decided to write a final SMS to my girlfriend and then go to bed. It has to be said that I suffer from acne on my back, and for six months now (since the beginning of december) I took pills against it, this makes 50mg pure Vitamin A per day. Because 30mg (this is the dose I take once every evening) is pretty heavy for my kidney and my circulation in general you're supposed to take the pills during a meal..which I didn't do yesterday. (In addition to that, you should take the pills only in winter, because the Vitamin thins your skin and you can get sunburns much easier.) So my six months were over, and I had only 40mg left three days ago. Basically I would have taken so few in a single day, I can't remember why I didn't, but yesterday, when I was shutting down my computer I saw my pill box and thought: "Finish it". The last thing I ate yesterday was some bread with cheese about eight hours before going to bed and at around 10 PM I drunk half a liter of milk. I took the final 20mg at midnight and flushed them down with two small drafts of water and fell asleep soonly.

My alarm was set to 9:30 AM, I woke up at around 8 o'clock with a terrible headache. I wasn't able to get up, nor I wanted to. I lay there, trying to cover my head as good as possible, half asleep, until about 9 AM when I finally stood up. I thought about where the headache could come from and got to the point that the Vitamin A was the villain. I went into the bathroom as quickly as possible and drank half a liter of lukewarm water. I felt the urge to play Crimson Skies, so I sat down in my stool and booted the computer while my headache bettered slowly. After about 20 minutes of play I suddenly remembered my dream that night. Either I woke up earlier, fell asleep again and therefore couldn't remember it when I woke up, or I woke up by the headache and couldn't think of anything else than my pain in this moment. I was thinking about whether the sun woke me up again somewhere in the early morning (read the first paragraph of Dream Log: May 20, 2004 for a description of the sun-problem), but by the content of the dream I close down that the pills and the following dehydration were the sole causation for my achiness. Whatever, here comes the dream:

I was at my dermatologist. It was, like in every dream, not the same flat as it is in reality, but it was definitely my dermatologist, a slightly smaller room which reminded me of the school's doctor at my old school which I left four years ago, arranged with some strange old fitment (kind of reminded me of the furnishing of the psychiatrist's rooms in SimHospital). I sat there, my skin was as fair as always and my doctor told me that she would get me a cream which I had to use during summer in order to protect my skin. She left the room and after a while I started to get acne pustules all over my body, especially on my arms and hands. They were growing really fast and where looking like I had the plague, I also didn't want to touch them because I was afraid that they would burst.. About 15 minutes later the doctor came back with a tiny tube and started to apply the white cream onto the pustules, which made them disappear after a few minutes. When I took the tube myself and started to spread the cream myself really fast and impatient I woke up with my terrible headache.

It's now 12:09 AM, I'm in my English course and the headache is getting better.