Gene (Andrusco) Eugene 1961- 2000
The very first Tooth & Nail album, Wish For Eden, was recorded at Gene's studio, The Green Room.. He actually produced (and also engineered, mixed, and played on some of the) the first NINE T&N albums, including classics such as Starflyer 59's "silver" debut and Plankeye's "Spill." He has worked on a total of 57 albums for Tooth and Nail Records and their related labels, BEC, Plastiq Musiq, and Solid State. Never content to merely oversee a session (although never obstrusive, either), he worked creative magic contributing organ to SF59 songs, constructing Sup the Chemist mixes, singing backing vocals with many bands, and doing the kind of miraculous stunt-pulling it takes to make modern albums sound so good and be worth listening to time and time again.

His accomplishments for T&N would be fuel for legend enough - including his poignant, pained vocals and guitar playing giving the recent BEC Lost Dogs release more realism than an alt-country album can bare -- but there is so much more to remember. The alias "Gene Eugene" will be known as a legend to several different communities, not just T&N fan or follower of the four Lost Dogs albums. His own band, Adam Again, was a perpetual critics' favorite through the 80s and early 90s. His wickedly funny and creative contributions to the Swirling Eddies actually helped give that challenging band a foothold in the commercial marketplace.

Eugene played on, sang on, produced, mixed, engineered, co-wrote songs for, and helped to aesthetically and practically inspire albums by (but not limited to): Daniel Amos, Terry S. Taylor, all of Plankeye's full-lengths, Fanmail, Mike Knott, LSU, MG! the Visionary, The Choir, Starflyer 59, Bloomsday, Over the Rhine, Scaterd Few, Insyderz, Mortal, Poor Old Lu, Swing Praise, 77s, Undercover, Tourniquet, Bon Voyage, Joy Electric, and Fold Zandura -- among many others.

Gene's Green Room Studios in Southern California -- immortalized on the Lost Dogs' "Green Room Serenade" album's title -- was a haven for both aspiring new bands and well-experienced veterans. They hung out, recorded freely, and enjoyed the company of a guy who seemed to love music more than life itself.

Gene started out as a child actor. His 60's screen credits include a guest starring role on the "Bewitched" sitcom, as a regular actor on a show called "The Bold One," and as a voice actor on the early animated hit, "Wait 'Till Your Father Gets Home."

Brandon Ebel, the owner of T&N Records, believes that Gene "was always appreciated, but never totally recognized for all the things that he's done for musicians, for the fans -- for all of his friends.