I woke up at 6:00 A.M. today.

I wake up at 6:00 A.M. every day.

But today was different. Today, I noticed exactly how warm my bed was. I had to choose between getting up and waking up, or remaining where I was and enjoying the womb-like warmth of my bed. I had something I needed to do at church today, so I got up and woke up. Reluctantly.

You see, the choir director at my church was putting on a production called Bandari. It was in an African setting, and so required many African animals to add atmosphere. My friend and I had built a giraffe (well, the neck and head at least) which I had to move around a little bit during the performance. I also had to participate in the actual performing part of it. We had never done a run-through of the thing, so it was quite a challenge. But it went well, and I will probably get to keep the giraffe. It's about 8 feet tall, so it doesn't fit in our house, but I figure it can be used as a lawn ornament.

But that's not really why I'm writing this daylog. I know none of you care about my church. Many of you out there must think I'm stupid for believing in God, or practicing Christianity. My response to that would require a completely different writeup. What I'm really writing about is a little update regarding what I talked about in my last daylog. My Academic Decathlon team is going to state! This is so great! I can't convey how happy I am. I thought I might try to share a little bit of my joy here, this being the lovely community that it is. I will go to sleep tonight and dream dreams of Anchorage, Alaska, where Nationals are to take place. It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.