The Everything hive-mind is slightly lagging today, natch (nate forgot to hook up the caffiene drip to a few assimilated noders, methinks) so this communique gets sent under the heading of Person. Not that anyone but General_Wesc will notice, but there it is.

According to the Everything User Search, this is my third node in thirty-one days. Not exactly the Land Speed Record, I know, but there is a reason and a rhyme scheme for it. It's for a concept I like to think of as Creative Pressurization.

Works like this - do nothing creative for a few weeks. Draw nothing. Write nothing. Node nothing. Let the creative juices build up. Soon, the juices will be pressurized, attempting to escape your body by any means necessary. Every little movement, every little word will now carry the slight charge of creativity with it, and you will be more humorous, fluid, charming, and downright sexxy as a result. Or so the theory goes.

Seems to be working so far. I've been barhopping in a sad attempt to gain friends, and learning that no matter how charming or humorous I am (or think I am, anyway) nothing will come of it. Bar people are too chummy with the known and standoffish towards the unknown. I've been repeating that pattern for the past two months, until I walked past a 'private' party this past Sunday; I announced my intentions to the revelers and joined the group. It was good, not much else to say except that new friendships now look like a possibility. And that gives me hope.

There appears to be life after college.