back | days | front

Ah, the great British Bank Holiday. Amazingly for this year, there isn't aRoger Moore era James Bond film on this afternoon. This rather disconcerting occurence has forced (yes, forced :-) me to watch back to back episodes of Pokemon whilst waiting for 6 o'clock to come around. (6pm being the time that local phone calls change from 4 pence per minute to 1.6 pence per minute... Internet access in the UK sucks)

Got called up today by an old school chum asking me if I wanted to go around and watch some porn with him. wtf? I declined. I mean, I always thought that pornography was a solo hobby, or at least restricted to intimate pairs of people. I don't think I would feel quite comfortable watching a film with some other guys sitting right beside me on the sofa... It's not as if I find him attractive or anything. There'd be no gay tension between us, which would be the only circumstances that I would watch video porn with another guy...

The problem came when I had to decline. I was getting all embarrassed over finding a suitable excuse, when he was the weirdo for asking me to come over! I kept stuttering and mumbling, and my ears went bright red and very hot.

Sigh.

Bank Holidays are like a Sunday, without the fun existential angst...