MEGA
MAN

TM

PRESS START

TM AND ©1987 CAPCOM U.S.A, INC.
LICENSED BY
NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.



Mega Man is an 8-bit single player side-scrolling action/adventure game. It was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1987. It was later re-released as a Playstation game.

Central to the Story is Megaman (Rockman in the Japanese version). Megaman is a robot, created by Dr. Light. One day, Dr. Light’s lab assistant, the malicious Dr. Wily, reveals his plans for world domination, using six evil robots of his own creation. Megaman offers to go out and save the world, so Dr. Light equips him by embedding a plasma cannon into his arm.

The story is interesting, even though it is not elaborated on much during the game. The initial portion consists of six levels, each one ruled over by one of Wily’s machines. After Megaman destroys them, he has the ability to integrate their weapons into his own system, increasing his own functionality. The robots each have a weakness to one of the weapons of their brethren, so this makes it easier to systematically eliminate his opposition.

The Bosses:

Bomb Man is a short yellow robot, which wears read and black outfits. He pulls bombs out of some internal hiding place, and chucks them at Megaman. His power is “Hyper Bombs”, and he is weak against the Mega Buster (also called the Arm Cannon).
When Megaman is using Hyper Bombs, his suit becomes green.

Guts Man is a large robot, which wears a larger version of Bomb Man’s outfit. He is tough, and can pound the ground to cause damage to anything touching it. The power is “Super Arm”, and is weak against Hyper Bombs.
When Megaman is using Super Arm, his suit becomes brown.

Cut Man is a short robot with a giant pair of scissors mounted on his cranium. He wears red and white, and flings hedge clippers at his enemies. This ability is called “Rolling Cutter”, and his prime weakness is Super Arm.
When Megaman is using Cutter, his suit becomes gray.

Elec Man is a short robot that looks kid of like a cat. He wears the same getup as Bomb Man and Guts man, but with a different helmet. He shoots electricity at you, and his ability is named “Thunder Beam".
When Megaman is using Thunder Beam his suit becomes gray.

Ice Man is an Eskimo. He throws icicles, which is appropriately known as the “Ice Slasher” attack.
When Megaman is using Ice Slasher his suit becomes a darker blue.

Fire Man is a midget in shoulder pads, with fire pit mounted on the top of his helmet. He has a row of flame instead of hair. He has built in flamethrowers, which produce the “Fire Storm” effect.
When Megaman is using Fire Storm his suit becomes red and orange.