Today is day number 9972 since I woke up in Grace Hospital in the beautiful city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Of course, I'm not actually in Calgary to reflect properly on that. I'm back down in Sacramento. Again. Consulting. Some more.

I arrived at the hotel yesterday. I'm staying in the same hotel as the last times here, the Rancho Cordova Hampton Inn. I've been here so much in the last month that I pretty much know all the hotel staff. Well the desk staff anyway.

This trip I brought beer down from Canada with me for the hotel staff. When I gave it to them it was like a mosh pit, with all the staff trying to get some beer. I'm not sure if this is because they love beer, or becuase the love Canadian beer or if it's because they just love free stuff. The fact that I brought them beer also stunned them, as if no one has ever done anything nice for them. Maybe it's a Calgary thing or maybe it's a me thing, but it seems natural for me to give gifts. I mean, jeez, it's not like it's costing me much... perhaps $8 for 6 beer. Less 'cause I think some of the beer was leftover from my last house party.

Al also saw clouds here in California for the first time ever. And not only that but it's raining with thunder and lightning. The people around this office seem excited about this; for me, it's a rather common occurance. In Calgary they say, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes." 'cause it really changes that fast sometimes. In the span of a day in Calgary you can see rain, snow, clouds, blue sky, sunshine and maybe a full moon or something. It's a rather cool city to live in, honestly.

I miss home, and I've only been gone one day. Of course, I've only been back for two days out of the past 3 weeks. Nice.