Whoa. The past two days have been hectic. This is basically three day logs compressed into one, because it makes more sense this way...

On Thursday I talked to my ex-girlfriend again. (Read my writeups under June 1, 2000 and June 11, 2000 for more about her) Why does she think I want to hear about how much she enjoys spending time with her new boyfriend, or gory details about her sexual life? Is there something inherently evil about her, does she seek revenge, or does she truly believe that I want / need to know? And why do I listen to her, why can't I just hang up? Will I be able to get over this?

Also, a friend called asking me if I'd go to a party he knew about. I was too tired from work, and sad about her, so I declined.

Yesterday I met someone. Someone beautiful and intriguing; I am not able to grok her, at all. (BTW, she's not a geek girl, but she likes geek guys!) We'd been talking online and on the phone for a while, and it seemed I had gone down the LJBF path already. I don't know why I called her; I don't know why she accepted to meet this complete stranger that I was, but she did. So we hung out in San Francisco for a while, and on the way back I threw in the random idea of showing her where I live...

(Today) It ended up being one of the most wonderful nights I've had in my life. Both of us were trying to get over somebody else. It was pure sexual rage, with no strings attached, just desire coming to fruition. It was wonderful. I took her home this morning... both of us were happy. We will see each other again, soon. There is no question about it. Do I/we want to put feelings into this, or should we stick to being friends with privileges? Only time will tell...

But this is not why I chose to write this day log. I found out that my friend's birthday party was yesterday-- I had misunderstood him on the phone. If I had understood him correctly the first time, I probably would not have called Her at all, because I would have had some sort of plans for last night. This had me thinking... Without this sequence of strange coincidences: talking to my ex and getting sad and angry, misunderstanding my friend on the phone, calling Her instead of calling some friend to hang out with... this would not have happened. Even if there isn't someone "out there" to arrange things in beautiful ways for us, even if this is just probabilities who happened to have gone my way, thanks.

You'd better let somebody love you, before it's too late...