user since
Fri Nov 5 1999 at 21:02:49 (24.5 years ago )
last seen
Sat Sep 14 2019 at 18:37:51 (4.6 years ago )
number of write-ups
52 - View edebroux's writeups (feed)
level / experience
7 (Chronicler) / 3081
C!s spent
6
mission drive within everything
mostly window shopping - but I want to start connecting again
specialties
supporting good causes
school/company
Freelance Editor and Mama
motto
The only currency you have in this bankrupt world are the moments you share with someone else when you're uncool.
most recent writeup
Forgiving a sociopath is a little more complicated
Send private message to edebroux



Since I Last Visited e2:

Started Dating a Sweetheart of a Man
Got Married
Had a Baby Boy (got pregnant Juuuust before we went to a fertility specialist - Huzzah!)
Started Freelance Editing
Etc., Etc., Etc.

...

Atlanta = Home, but I live in downtown Salt Lake City.





Other stuff...

B.A. in Literature/minor in Creative Writing from Oglethorpe University.


Currently reading/Recently Read/Recommend:

JPod by the ever-brilliant Douglas Coupland (NOTE: Skip JPod. If you haven't read Hey, Nostradamus!, Life After God or Microserfs, read one of those instead.)

The Book of Mormon (sometimes in Spanish, usually in English)

and

Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norwood.
This was a very difficult read for me. I was shocked to find myself over and over again in her pages. I highly recommend her book to anyone, particularly women, who seems to often follow the sentiment of "The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care." I wrote this, out of rage and fear from the repeated suffering, desperation and denial I have seen and continue to see in the lives of so many women I know and love. I think this book will help me to actually break the cycle of self-sacrifice turned self-mutilation in my own life.

The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields
Intimate, gives elegance to familiarities of everyday and to the common milestones of life. I felt like I was listening in on real lives.

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. What a gift she has. Some sections of the book are written in such palpable Southern accent that I've had to read them out loud to enjoy the sweet, mellow smoothness of my Southern tongue. Beautifully written, thoughtful, honest enough to break your heart. Read it.




Why is it so hard to tell the truth sometimes?

Do not assume that she who seeks to comfort you now,
lives untroubled among the simple and quiet words
that sometimes do you good. Her life may also have
much sadness and difficulty...
Were it otherwise, she would never have been able to find these words.
--Rainer Maria Rilke

...





What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other? --George Eliot








"Have courage for the great sorrows in life, and patience for the small ones, and when
you have laborously accomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."
--Victor Hugo



Loves: music (alternative..in the old school sense of that word, bluegrass, some classic rock and old country), Harry Potter, live music, contemporary poetry, travel to anywhere, kindness, homemade food, homemade art, dogs, sassy, savvy, interesting teenagers.

Not so greats: crappy pop music, poor parenting, cats (allergic), dairy products (also allergic), high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, beef, meanness, hair metal bands, when flag waving replaces democracy.

I heart /msgs

send me greetings and good thoughts, yours: edebroux@gmail.com

User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date