-/+

I am now my boss
A while back I complained that I wasn't so sure anymore that I wanted my boss' job. Unfortunately, this is no longer an option. I have fleeted up to assume his position (legs spread, hands against the wall) because he is no longer medically fit for sea duty. He had a couple of strange seizure things in the last six months, and the Navy worries about that sort of thing. So anyway, now I am in charge of over one hundred people, and everything that has an electric current running through it on all thousand feet of this ship. Yikes.
The ship is pulling back in today.
We are staying lit off though, which means I have to come back for watch from midnight until six in the morning. Ughh.
But I go home, and the kids are crazy, and the boy is good.
I bathe him, and he is not sick and seemingly has no permanent damage from his high fever. Half way through his bath, he tells me he needs to go potty in his potty chair, and I pull him from the bath, slippery and dripping warm water and bubbles. He sits on the chair and pees!! This is a momentous occasion. If you were two, and sitting in a nice warm tub full of bubbles, would you get out in the cold to pee? I wouldn't have. He, however, is getting the hang of this whole potty training thing. Too cool.

If you don't get it, go out, procreate, and come see me in a couple of years. When they're babies, even their sour-milk-smelling vomit is cute.
"Look, he puked on the rug!"
"I know, isn't he cute?"

And then we play trivial pursuit while I rub lotion on my wife's legs
I suppose in all reality it is for evenings like this that I got married. We quiz each other, her with her legs in my lap, while I work silky moisturizing lotion into her muscular calves and smooth thighs. I even rub lotion on her feet and her cute purple painted nail polished toes. I enjoy myself (Although I think I annoy my wife a little by taking too many unauthorized forays up her thighs), and the night that ends with me tucking her in and speeding off to work.
Work sucks.