4F: Refers to the stereotypical cholelithiasis patient: Female, Forty, Fat, and Fertile

Gork: Derivations of the GORK (God only really knows) noted in another w/u on this node. Refers to a person who is totally braindead. A patient can be "a gork", or could be referred to as "gorked out".

Vitamin H: Haldol/Haloperidol, a popular antipsychotic neuroleptic drug.

Circling the drain: About to die

Road rash: Seen in MVA victims, refers to the abrasions on the skin due to being dragged on the asphalt.

Banana bag: The standard cocktail for alcoholics who have depleted their electrolytes. Contents vary by institution, but usually contain thiamine, glucose, and assorted other nutrients. So called because of its yellow colour.

MVA: Motor-vehicle accident. Now being overtaken by MVC (motor-vehicle collision)

Lytes: Short for electrolytes

Shotgunning: A discouraged practise among residents and others; refers to the practise of ordering every possible lab test without any concern for the presenting complaint.

Mother-in-law tumour: A meningioma. Referred to because, on angiography, it "comes early and stays late.

Babygram: Refers to the discouraged practise of taking an x-ray of a whole infant rather than of the area of interest.

Frequent flyer: Someone who's in and out of the ER/A&E/Casualty all the time, usually on less than earth-shattering complaints.

LOL: Little old lady

WADAO: Weak And Dizzy All Over

Cabbage (CABG): Nickname for coronary artery bypass graft.

Peanut (PNET): Nickname for primitive neuroectodermal tumour.