04/04/01 0620

I could go back to sleep, but I'm not sure there's any point. I've been having fragmented, confusing dreams punctuated by waking up long enough to move around a little and realize that whatever was just going on wasn't really just going on. At first I was having vaguely pleasant dreams, trading information and reading lists with juanpablo and pupok through my in-bed ethernet link. I woke up remembering that juanpablo had turned into the number 87xx or 80xx, and he was glad about it. A little later I was having vaguely sinister dreams, in which I was trying to share a bed with my brother, even though he was really annoyed with me, and some evil cyberpunk corporation turned my parents' dog (who in real life has been dead for some years) into a 6 foot-long cerberus whose memories of liking and serving humans were vague at best. But he decided not to bite my hand off and instead stared at me with amusement. His jaws were hypertrophied and dripped viscid saliva, but he had a very good voice. In all these cases, being asleep is only the slightest bit different from being awake, and it's creeping me out a little. Maybe I'll go back to bed and try some visualization exercises. After I turn on the fan.