Authentic 

 

 

It was real for a while.   Those were her words, not mine.   

I woke up one morning to find her gone.   She left a very clean house and a long, somewhat rambling email.  It was not so much a Dear John as a "I'm moving on to greener pasture"  sort of thing.  She had been doing research and felt that Saturn sounded interesting.   I mean,  I don't disagree,  but we never talked about taking that sort of trip.   She spent a lot of her evenings looking at the sky,  but a lot of people do that,  so I never gave it much thought.   If she had asked me I am sure I would have said it was fine for her to go,  but it wasn't like she needed my permission.  Ok,  clearly since she's gone,  she didn't need my permission.   You know what I mean.   I wish we had at least talked about it- then I might have been better prepared.  Maybe not.   I doubt she  would have liked the drama.   That is another thing about her- she wasn't one to get overly emotional.   I guess that was me.  

 

Yeah, I miss her, I mean who wouldn't?   A girlfriend who never grew old with limitless energy.   Think Limitless.   Yep.  Like that.   Plus she made the best Pasta primavera I ever had.   I miss that too. 

 

It was real for a while,  I mean as real as possible, considering her warranty.