Don’t let the name fool you. There are no shenanigans at this West Lafayette, Indiana establishment. Just good food, excellent root beer, and a dirt-cheap bill.

XXX Family Restaurant (or Triple X, as everyone here calls it) was originally a printing press for newspapers. The XXX described the font and size they used.

Now it is one of the most popular hangouts around, attracting college students because of its unique name, and keeping them with their good food, low prices and late night service.

The building is a block with orange and brown vertical stripes painted on it. The sign above it simply reads XXX. You walk behind towards the carport (also orange and brown) and enter through the back door. You then see a diner with nothing but barstools. Each table is connected to the kitchen and hollowed out in the middle so that the waiter can easily maneuver from behind the counter.

The menu is simple; they always have breakfast food, steak, steak burgers, and chili; sometimes they will add a special. Nothing fancy, but it all tastes really good. And the root beer… oh the root beer. A & W doesn’t have anything on this place.

If you’re in the Lafayette/West Lafayette area, check this place out. You can usually get a good meal for about $7 (including drinks)