As beloved to this factgirl as any treat can be. Deep fried crust, yummy creamy curry filling - if you can't cook and make these yourself - hurry to an Indian restaurant and order up a batch. They'll be your new favorite food.

Filling
1 large or 2 small potatoes
1 carrot
1/2 cup fresh, frozen peas
1 teaspoon light, natural oil
1/4 tsp. black mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. garam masala curry powder
1/4 tsp. finely chopped ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. salt
Dough
1 cup unbleached flour
1 tbsp light, natural oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp water
And
2 cups of oil for deep frying (grape-seed oil is good for it's high smokepoint and zero flavor)

Prepare the filling first and allow it to cool while you make the dough:
Peel the potato and carrot and dice into small pieces.
In a large pot measure out 1 tbsp of oil and heat over a moderate flame. Add the mustard seeds, chopped onion, diced potato and carrot.
When the onions have browned, the carrot and potato have softened and the mustard seeds have stopped popping, add the peas and saute for 5 minutes or until it all looks good and soft.
Add all the spices and salt while continuing to stir the mixture.
When all the spices have been mixed in well, the filling is ready.
Remove from heat and allow to cool while you prepare the dough.

Now make the dough:
Place the flour in a large mixing bowl.
Quickly stir in the oil, rubbing it in with your fingers, making sure it's thoroughly mixed in.
Add the salt and water and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
If the dough appears very flaky, add a little more water, a tsp. at a time, and knead until dough is a bit stiff.
Continue to knead the dough until it is an even consistancy all over.
Break off a walnut-sized piece of dough and flatten using the palm of your hands.
Sprinkle a little flour on a wooden board and with a rolling pin roll it out to about 4 -5 inches in diameter.

Build the Samosas!
Roll out half as many circles as you want samosas.
Take one rolled out circle at a time and cut into two semi-circles of about equal size.
Take one of the halves and moisten one side with a bit oil.
Make it into a cone shape.
Place about 1 tbsp of the cooled veggies in the center.
Pinch the edges together to create a tight seal like a triangle dumpling.
Repeat with the remaining filling and dough.

Fry em up in a pan-
Heat the 2 cups of oil over a moderate flame. When sufficiently hot (350-375 deg. F. use a candy thermometer if possible), place 2 or 3 samosas in the oil and cook for 5 minutes or so.
When they are brown, remove with a slotted spoon and allow the excess oil to drain back in the pot.
Place on paper towels to remove any extra oil and serve hot.

Yummy, and well worth the effort.