My final exam for math class hit the professor's desk with a thud. A thud so loud, it was heard around the world, or at least the classrooom.

It's funny, you can really tell how a person felt about the class by the way their final exam landed on the professors desk. A soft landing, as if the exam was made out of the thinnest porcelain, shows that the student didn't feel that the class was anything special. A thud, however, explains a lot. A thud, expresses all the emotions that the student had regarding the class. All the days he complained about the professor, all the days that he muttered under his breath about how much he hated the class....can be summed up in one single thud. My thud was the loudest.

Anyways, the class is over! Very much relieved, and looking forward to my trip to Hong Kong come Aug. 5th.

So my daily thought:

Definition of Typecasting

I have a mentor. He is a guy, only 6 years older than me, but I treat him like that little green guy from Star Wars. I value his word more than the biggest freaking rock De Beers can get their greedy hands on. This mentor-mentee relationships has it's benefits, and also it's downfalls. I've typecasted my mentor as some great wisdom-laden person. I look up to him so highly, I'm afraid what will happen when my mentor "falls". Such as every hero in culture, they have a weakness, and the antagonist exploits it. I don't want to be there when my mentor is going through that weak time. How will I react?


But hey, I'm only 17.

Written while listening to "Loser like me" ~ Sixpence None the Richer


Revisions go to Viki and Dimview.
Read their stuff, it's legit.