/me sniggers.

Sorry. That wasn't a nice way to start. But this is absolutely not a good idea. How about we don't do all that stuff? I'm not a huge fan of eugenics, intensifying the class structure, and creating a race of defective humans. Let me explain:

Eugenics: Genetics can finally provide what the western world of the late 1800's/early 1900's wanted to do so badly. (and you thought it was just the Nazis?) We can finally circumvent all that nasty sex stuff, grow our perfect kids in test tubes, and have our children be so much smarter and stronger than all those other children. Which brings me to...

Intensifying the Class Structure: Do you really think the geneticists (rather, the companies who pay the geneticists) are going to give perfect kids away? There is absolutely no way. Perfect children will cost a lot, so all the suburbanites can have flawless Johnnys and Sallys while cities full of poor continue the long decline. Instead of just environment and education differences, the poor will now have to contend with perfect little drones when they try to get into college or find a decent job.

Defective Humans: My biggest problem is this. I can't imagine getting an augmented human right all the time. You thought software was hard; imagine a debug process that is 80 (or 90 or 120) years long? How could the geneticists be sure they weren't creating a race doomed to madness, or sudden death, or any of a thousand different things that could go wrong with their engineering process?

To sum up: Love, lust and sex has done a pretty decent job so far. Yes, some people are dumb, prone to sickness, born with deformities, or have mental conditions. But trying to cook up & sell a master race is 180 degrees away from where we should be thinking. How about pouring money into curing diseases for the other 75% of the worlds population who wasn't lucky enough to be born in the westernized countries? How about donating a few liscenses to vaccines, so the 3rd world countries can employ their people and their resources to save people from curable diseases?