Reginald Shoe is a character who appears in the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett and is a resident of Ank-Morpork.

Before his death Reginald Shoe was a revolutionary of the kind that is more demonstrative than effective. He encounters Sergeant-in-Arms John Keel (Who is actually Sir Samuel Vimes who has travelled back in time a few decades to find himself playing the part of his own mentor in the watch) when Keel is sent out under his new and incompetent commander Ronald Rust to break down all rebel barricades. Reg has joined a barricade formed in Whalebone Alley when the watch arrives, and he takes the opportunity to exercise some rebel slogans.

"Death to the Fascist Opressors, Present Company Excepted"
"I regret that I have only one life to lay down for whalebone alley"

Keel is ordered to fire over the barricade by Rust, he instead knocks him out and assumes control of the watch and the barricade builders. Planning to barricade off a few roads and thereby keep the peace or at least a small area of it in the inevitable chaos that will surround the revolution he unites everyone available under his leadership. While he's asleep things get out of hand and his secured area expands to contain more than a quarter of the city.

Reg takes it upon himself to establish a government behind the barricade lines, "The Glorious People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road", under the ideals of "Truth, Justice, Freedom, and Free Love". He finds himself opposed by certain seamstresses on the final point (who insist it be altered to "reasonably priced love") but finally settles for "Truth, Justice, Freedom, and a Hard-Boiled Egg" upon prompting by Keel (Who is actually Vimes).

After the other shoe drops and Lord Snapcase is in power, the newly elected Patrician sends his personal guards after Keel who finds himself among a ragtag bunch including Cut-me-own-throat Dibbler, Nobby Nobbs, Lance-constable Sam Vimes(his younger self), Sergeant Dickins, Fred Colon, and Reginald Shoe who take up lilac blooms to differentiate themselves from the enemy (and which they later wear in remembrance of this day). When they are cornered Reg marches towards the attackers waving a flag declaring "You can take our lives, but you can never take our freedom!" before being hit in the chest with several crossbow bolts. He seems to survive those and goes on to knock down several of the attackers with inhuman strength before finally dying

he also plays a signifcant part in the book Reaper Man when the main character Windel Poons is buried under crossroads he finds a note inviting him to attend a meeting of the "fresh start club" a sort of support group for the undead. The leader of this group of course is a reg shoe, as misguidedly enthusiastic as ever. He stands up for dead rights against the living oppressors.

"Undead doesn't mean unperson!"

Years later Reginald Shoe is one of the first zombies to serve in the Ankh-Morpork Watch, where he is once again led by Sam Vimes who is now actually Sam Vimes.