I'm part of an association of individuals called The Drunk Monks, we are composed of many individuals of quality whose disciplines are varied but whose mission is one. That being said, this is how our organization likes to cook hunks of meat.

For this meal you will need the following ingredients:

The quantity of items are not given. This should be about what tastes good to you. Besides cooking should be experienced, not followed out of a book. Life is no fun that way.

First, go out back and fire up your grill (charcoal only please), or your meat smoker. While the grill is getting up to cooking speed you'll need to prepare the sauce.

The Sauce

The amount you will need should be based on how much meat you intend to cover. Keep in mind that as your meat cooks you will need to reapply sauce. So make a little more than you think you will need. Take some Newmans own(*2) and liberally add garlic powder and cayenne. Then pour in some molasses, just enough to noticeably darken the color of the marinara sauce. Add some brown sugar, just a little bit at first. Taste the resulting brew. If it seems like there is to much tomato taste add more molasses. Always add a little more brown sugar when you add molasses. The amount of cayenne depends on how much heat you like in your foods. But keep this in mind; cayenne will build up in your mouth. The more cayenne you eat the stronger the heat will be. So don't make it as hot as you would like it to taste for one bite, because by bite three you will be regretting it. Also, heat from the fire helps release the oils in the cayenne, meaning more heat in your mouth. The sauce is ready when it tastes good to you, arrival at this point is a trial and error of adding more of one ingredient, then another as needed.

The Meat

Prepare your meat by cleaning off any excess fat hanging on the piece. Take some of the whole garlic you have and cut the individual cloves into little slivered sections. Make some shallow incisions in the meat, deep enough to hold 1 sliver of garlic. This process is easiest if you cut up all the garlic you intend to use, then cut the slit and slide in a piece of garlic, move over a little and cut another slit put in a sliver of garlic. Once you've filled the meat with all the garlic you feel it needs apply a healthy coating of the sauce onto the meat. Transfer the meat to the grill then grind some fresh black pepper on top.

Cooking

As the meat cooks sauce will drip off, reapply the sauce whenever it seems like it could use some more. Handy rule of thumb, it always needs more sauce. Every time you reapply sauce to the meat, you'll need to grind some more black pepper onto the freshly painted area. Also, every time you rotate the meat (to ensure even cooking) apply more sauce to the newly revealed side. Because we're working with a larger piece of meat it may be somewhat difficult to cook. Put your grill in a medium heating position above the charcoals, and don't worry about any charred edges, they will taste great. If you're still unsure of the level of cooking occurring on the inside of the meat, cut it in half and take a look. Just remember to reapply sauce and pepper to the newly formed sides on your now two pieces of meat. The last time you apply sauce should be a minute or two before you serve the meat, no one likes cold barbecue.

This meal is best enjoyed with a glass of ice cold soda, garlic mashed potatoes, and some crusty french bread. Yes, if properly prepared this is a very spicy dish, make sure you have plenty of soda. I prefer Dr.Pepper but any darker soda will do.

(*1) This might take some work to find but it's worth it. Habanero garlic are garlic cloves that have been sitting in vinegar with habeneros, very very tasty.

(*2) I say Newmans own here because, for my money, it's the best pasta sauce on the market. Also, all his profits go to charity, how can you beat that?