Another month begins, this time with lots more editing time available. Woo! I've also made huge progress on the massive self-audit I promised myself on my first noderbirthday some six months ago, and it's made me hypersensitive to improperly (or un-) attributed (near) cut-and-pastes, as well as formatting errors of all kinds. Related comments coming soon to a Message Inbox near you; I mean well, I swear it!

Firmlinked

Softlocked

Deleted

As always, I will remove any deletion record from my editor logs if requested to do so by the author of the writeup(s) in question. I've got embarrassing stuff in Node Heaven, just like everybody else. I have also decided that posting links to deleted writeups and their authors is just negative nodevertising and so I will be underlining the incriminating node titles and usernames instead of hardlinking them from now on. Props go to graceness, whose editor log (below) was what originally gave me the idea.

  • I Won't Be Your Yoko Ono (idea) by moJoe (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply and this little rantlet had always seemed out of place to me (originally posted in my August editor log) because I didn't have much to report yet).
  • Iberia (place) by yugo (mercifully) because it was a one-liner getting downvoted to hell and superceded by another to boot.
  • Norman Schwarzkopf (idea) by umquam (mercifully) because it was a useless one-liner that had been totally superceded by asmadeus's writeup.
  • Duct Tape (thing) by Gizank (mercifully) because it was incorrect and getting downvoted out of existence.
  • Bat Boy (person) by moJoe (mercifully) because it was superceded by ataraxia's writeup.
  • The Dead Past (thing) by wangmu (mercifully) because it was incorrect AND contained spoilers AND was superceded by my writeup. I feel like a bit of a jerk for not contacting wangmu about this writeup before superceding and deleting it... Update 8 September 2002: wangmu gracefully accepted my apologies. Phew!
  • nutriceuticals (thing) by Serpentine (mercifully) because it was redundant, what with nutriceuticals already noded. Filed the appropriate nodeshell deletion request as well.
  • The Demon-Haunted World by tim_three because it was an ill-formed rant that was superceded by Jongleur's writeup. I also /msg'd pmather that his writeup in this node should be updated to reflect the deletion of its predecessor; I'll check back in a few weeks to see if it's still a writeup does not mean reply problem.
  • I don't understand Vegetarians. (idea) by naked_ape because it was a stupid rantlet that whined about how often it had been downvoted. Good riddance.
  • Stupid Politics. (idea) by Cain Fortea (mercifully) because it was a stupid misspelled rant. Added stupid politics to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
  • E2 Nuke Request (person) by mkb (mercifully) because I was taking care of the writeup in question.
  • September 15, 2002 (person) by mkb (mercifully) by the author's nuke request.
  • let me drown in a convalescent bliss (idea) by complexer (mercifully) because it was an unformatted rant that didn't attribute its title to Beck, who freaking pays for samples so the least you can do is acknowledge his work but I digress... the user who created it hasn't been on in two years, so I figured it wouldn't be missed. Added let me drown in a convalescent bliss to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
  • E2 Nuke Request (thing) by mingux (mercifully) because I was taking care of the writeups in question and this way my colleagues would know I was on it.
  • Outdoor Miner (thing) by mingux (mercifully) by the author's nuke request.
  • gargling bleach (idea) by mingux (mercifully) by the author's nuke request, which I applaud. Added gargling bleach to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
  • GAOTU (thing) by mingux (mercifully) by the author's nuke request. Added GAOTU to Nodeshells Marked for Destruction.
  • The Camel (thing) by mingux (mercifully) by the author's nuke request.
  • common mispronunciations (idea) by mingux (mercifully) by the author's nuke request
  • male/female ratio (idea) by Zorin (mercifully) because it was basically a useless one-liner and getting downvoted to hell to boot.
  • sorceror by surturz because the word in question is spelled "sorcerer". I encouraged the author to move this writeup to the correctly spelled node, as it is missing a basic definition along these lines. Filed nodeshell deletion request as well.
  • Solitaire (idea) by auldtwa (mercifully) for being a useless one-liner. Everything is not a BBS.
  • Religion is like a drug to some people. (idea) by Infocotic (mercifully) because it was a useless one-liner that was getting downvoted to hell.
  • Religion is like a drug to some people. (idea) by Randofu (mercifully) because how many times can we hear that Marx quote, really? Even if the node title paraphrases it? Update 30 September 2002: Randofu messaged me after this deletion with thanks for giving justification for what I'd done, which gave me warm blue fuzzies, my favorite kind.
  • Debbie Gibson (person) by otap12 (mercifully) because writeup does not mean reply, especially when such a lovely and extensive factual's just been posted, rendering most of the early writeups in this node obsolete.
  • E2 Nuke Request (place) by call (mercifully)
  • October 16, 2001 (person) by call (mercifully) by nuke request.
  • Oliver Twist (person) by loki7 (mercifully) because it was superceded by chancel's writeup.
  • Oliver Twist (thing) by russgarrett (mercifully) because it was superceded by chancel's writeup. Go read chancel's excellent writeup, everybody!
  • Kevin Bacon (person) by offcenter (mercifully) because it was actually about Dennis Hopper. Weird. (Also totally superceded by trainman's writeup, so there ya go.
  • thought disorder (idea) by g_force (mercifully) because it was a one-liner followed by a rant that invited its deletion both literally and figuratively (the author, who's been gone for over a year, didn't seem to be into accepting criticism).
  • Why can't I get that good kind of depression? (idea) by thunt (mercifully) because when you ask a stupid question in a node title, first you get downvoted to hell, then everybody replies to the question, and then your writeup gets nuked. At least, that's how it should work.
  • Freakazoid! Theme Song (thing) by StopTheViolins (mercifully) because the content in question was already at Freakazoid, like the author and I discussed a few days earlier.

Miscellany