They've got an interesting blog at http://ourmediapolis.blogspot.com/


Looking at this superhero, who do you think he is? Give him a name, superpower(s), where he lives, who he fights -- if you created this superhero, who would he be?

Name: Mascara Man (not his chosen name, but an unwanted nickname given to him by the public).

Powers: Flight, speed (approximately the speed of a jet), strength (not invulnerable, maybe as strong as the strongest animals on earth), superb eyesight.

Location: Mostly works in the city, but may live in a forest.

Enemies: He is a general vigilante - fighting small-time criminals, and doesn't concern himself with white-collar crime, political crime, or the social problems that lead to small-time crime. He's a bit of an air-head as far as superheroes go.


Looking at this superheroine, who do you think she is? Give her a name, superpower(s), where she lives, who she fights -- if you created this superheroine, who would she be?

Name: Wonder Gal (the name she gives herself - not very creative because she isn't very creative either)

Powers: Flight, perhaps some control of fire or radiation, quite dangerous if her powers get out of control.

Location: Works and lives in the city.

Enemies: She's the sister (or some other blood relative) and partner of Mascara Man from the previous page, so they basically end up fighting the same people.


If you were a superhero, what would your name and superpower(s) be? What would you do as a superhero?

There was a comic book heroine named Twilight that had godlike abilities in a small sphere around her - called her Sphere of Influence.

I would like the power to be able to grant Twilight's abilities to everyone. If everyone has absolute power, I'd still want to minimize the ability of Twilight's power to hurt others, so if two Spheres of Influence intersect, then I would say neither person would be able to harm the other.

I wouldn't adopt a new name - after everyone else gets their powers, I wouldn't be any more special than they are.