14 oktober 2008, a day that according to some was to be the day that a big lightship showed up in earth's sky, so that our friendly neighbor's from the sky could say hi and reveal the truth.

I've been keeping an eye on this event since I first heard of it some weeks ago, not because I was expecting any ET's to show up, but because the human reactions to it promised to be an interesting show.

For example, the first youtube message I saw had a clear element to it that stated that the human race had to send a 'we want you to come' vibe into space before the ship would appear. Forgetting for a moment that a large part of humanity barely wants people who are not like them around, there's still the problem of getting enough people to know they need to send a vibe, which is kind of hard if your advertising consists of youtube video's and a single blog site.

As the days progressed, the 'send a vibe' element also seemed to disappear out of the movies, like it wasn't important after all, a bad move I think, as it could have helped them in the cleanup after the 14th and the 15th passed without big glowing objects in the sky, well... except for that big one, but that's been there a while.

So in the end, a few thousand people are left wondering, not what's keeping the visitors, but if this was an intended hoax to get attention or just delusions of a few people that spun out of control.