A new version of Sprite introduced in the U.S. throughout 2003, Sprite Remix is a caffeine-free beverage with a "tropical" flavor.

These have been heady days for the soft drink industry. Several new drinks have been introduced recently: some have done very well (Mountain Dew Code Red, Vanilla Coke) while others have fared poorly (Pepsi Blue). To once again target the youth market with a fruity new beverage, the Coca-Cola Company has extended the Sprite brand for the first time since Diet Sprite was introduced in the late 1980s.

The beverage is completely clear, as is Sprite, and is shipped in clear plastic 20 ounce bottles with a clear label. The logo bears the "Sprite" wordmark with the word "REMIX" in a typeface reminiscent of a rave advertisement.

The generic "tropical" flavor is not very fruity. BevNET reviewers suggest it is more of a light peach flavoring, and I'm inclined to agree.

I have yet to see an ad for Sprite Remix, but the campaign will probably start up in the summer. To accompany Sprite Remix into the market, PepsiCo will also introduce orange-flavored Mountain Dew LiveWire for the summer only. Unless Sprite Remix is marketed very well and finds a good niche, I don't see it lasting for too long.


Ingredients: carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose, natural flavors, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium benzoate (to preserve taste)

Nutrition Facts: serving size 8 fl oz; servings per container 2.5; calories 100; total fat 0g; sodium 35mg; total carbohydrates 26g; sugars 26g; protein 0g


Sources: http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/spriteremix/ and a bottle I bought at Target


On April 1, 2004, the Sprite Remix brand was extended with Sprite Remix Berryclear, a mixed-berry-flavored soda sold in clear bottles with purple and silver accents.