Wilson
thanks for supporting me with crazed trip. that shit really took it out of me. Still sick today. Sorry for my lack of partying. At least we have the invitation to the Phat Farm villa to brag about. Crown Jewel of vegas trip may have been yesterday morning, when I continued our search of the town for a Bank of America or Wells Fargo ATM. Finally discovered that the casinos only have proprietary ATMs that charge $4 service fees. Broke down and coughed up the service charge because cabs do not take credit cards. No other way to get to airport. Ended up splitting a cab with sweet British couple on their very first trip to US. GOOD GOD! I emphasized that they should not make generalizations about US based on Vegas, and encouraged them to visit the large coastal cities next time. They insisted on paying for me and leaving the cabbie a $10 tip. Wish I got their names. I loved those people. I love/hate Vegas. Must send followup emails to all tradeshow contacts. You are goooooood! Sorry for incoherence. Am manic.
I loved how the professional flirts at the Moods of Norway booth took one look at our shoes and said, “How are your feet?” Next time, if there is a next time, I am wearing trainers to tradeshows. over and out
Gruner



Gruner-
I had a feeling there was some sort of vast conspiracy surrounding lack of decent ATMs. Figures.
Next time, and there WILL be a next time, we are not only wearing trainers, but I am contacting our VIP who owns New York, New York and making sure we are taken care of.
Was that British couple staying at our hotel? Did he seem like he used BrylCreem? I ran into a cute British couple who looked to be in their 60's when I was waiting for my cab to the airport.
It was a very informative trip. Am going to study further so I can be of actual use to you. Are you going to start putting together some sort of look book to narrow down your shop's focus? If you do, copy me on it and I will keep my eyes peeled. Will keep them peeled anyway.
Wilson



Wilson,
If there is a next time, I am going prepared with four days' worth of provisions. Some kind of astronaut MRE from Whole Foods, if that exists. Something nutrient-rich and more savory than Clif Bars. Will also make sure I get a hotel that AT LEAST provides a coffee/tea pot in the room. Have determined this is my bottom limit. There can be polyester coverlets on the beds and stains on the carpet as long as I have the ability to make tea.
The British couple were in their 50s or 60s, well dressed. Man was very tall with short curly hair. Do not recall any Brylcreem. Woman had long dark hair and was quite pretty and stylish. They also have a home in Spain. God knows why they were staying at that dive. Possibly because every last room in Vegas was booked. They loved Vegas and thought everyone was super nice. It touched my heart, even as I was educating them on Vegas' hideous, gargantuan, cartoonish, expensive non-reality as compared with San Francisco.
over and out
Gruner