Continued from March 12, 2001:

Today we wanted to try to see some actual tourist type stuff since we didn’t get much of flavor of Montreal other than the night life yesterday. We checked out of the room and left our bags with the front desk.

Our first stop after breakfast in the hotel was the Musee McCord. On the first floor was a temporary display of native Eskimo carvings; ranging from magical talismans to practical tools and masks. The second floor had a permanent display of the history of the city of Montreal. The collection includes many portraits, antique personal effects, (clothing, ice skates, kitchen wear). The pictures and description of the ice palace which was once built in the city was the most interesting thing on the second floor. After we finished at the Museum we went back to the Holiday Inn and got the car to drive over to the Biodome.

The highlights of the Biodome for me were the bat cave and tropical zone with the waterfalls, monkeys, and piranha. After the Biodome we tried to go to the Molsen factory, but it closed at 4, and we were just a few minutes late. From what we were told they do not give tours, but there is some sort of gift shop which we weren’t able to go in. After that we started the drive back to New York, and I slept on and off in the backseat. Montreal was fun, I hope I'll be able to visit again.