Jet: Two meters tall. Ex-basketball player. Beautiful kid. And on top of it all, a gay alien.
- Jet Black relating his compounded description of Radical Edward

Jamming With Edward is the 9th episode of the 26 episode television anime series, Cowboy Bebop. This episode was written by Dai Sato, and was originally broadcast on 05.01.98. WOWOW rebroadcast this episode on 12.18.98.

Cowboy Bebop is a science fiction show that follows a crew of misfit bounty hunters. Spike Spiegel, an ex-assassin for a crime syndicate; Jet Black, an ex-law enforcement agent; Faye Valentine, a thief, gambler, and seductress; Edward Hong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, a teenage computer genius; and Ein, a data dog.

This episode introduces Radical Edward to the cast of Cowboy Bebop. Like the introductions of Jet and Spike, we get very little background information on Ed; in fact, there's a great deal of mis-information out there.

On their never-ending quest for bounties (and therefore money), the Bebop crew travel to the post-Gate Accident Earth to try and catch a rogue hacker who has been programming Earth's archaic satellites to burn odd pictures into the planet's surface. Spike refuses to cooperate in the investigation, stating that tracking down hackers is too tedious of a job for him.

Meanwhile, on the surface, an odd looking child named "Radical Edward" has been tracking the Bebop's progress for some time, having become starry-eyed at their adventures. Ed begins an investigation of his own, and learns that the satellite network responsible isn't connected to the Earth's planetwide network at all. The word on the street, however, is that Ed is the culprit behind the satellite drawings, leading the Bebop crew to begin their hunt for the young genius.

Though the Bebop crew has trouble in their search, Ed contacts the Bebop to help them with their investigation, in exchange for a "favor", which Faye graciously accepts. The truth behind the drawings, though, is far more than a simple matter of computer crime... and Faye is not exactly known for keeping her word...

Episode Info

Episode #: 9
Written by: Dai Sato
Original Broadcast #: 5
Original Airdate: 05.01.98
WOWOW Airdate: 12.18.98

Miscellaneous Info

Bounty:
An unnamed vandal satellite hacker - 8 Million Woolongs
Songs:
Cats On Mars
(more to come as identified)
Ending Line:
See you Space Cowboy...

Previous Episode | Next Episode


Sources:
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam! - http://www.futureblues.com
The Real Folk Blues - http://rfblues.aaanime.net

Note: Synopsis format used with the permission of atesh, in order to maintain a consistent appearance across synopses. Synopsis content, of course, is my own.