Iron Noder Progress

Pretty much a fail. Only four wus in the past two weeks, and with a couple simmering I might make the halfway point. The only consolation is that I have contributed more than 30 wus in a month before, just not during Iron Noder. I have quite a few quite complicated wu's in various stages of research, so if I can get these out at a rate of one a week, I'll be happier about how I did this month.

Last time I noted that I had a few misgivings about why I even bothered noding, and had one reply about that misgiving. I had two minor spats with admin since then. One was about the use of noting site issues on edev, which prompted that person to /ignore discussion on the group. The other was taking an admin to task on poor editing of a wu, which prompted that person to tell me they didn't care what I thought, and promptly ignored me. Should I have stuck my nose in at all in the first place? Given their reaction, no, no I shouldn't.

So I think that instead of trying to be helpful, I'm going into lurk mode. Write some, keep my head down. Try not to let things get to me.



Everything2 Idea

One of the contender blurbs for the front page is "Our fiction is more entertaining than Wikipedia's" and this might be a good title to this project. Using recipes for 'scratch cards', create a postcard promo showing a simple wikipedia entry that when scratched off shows the e2 entry. If any reader has suggestions, please let me know.



Day Log

I walk into and home from work most days, often following a path along the Water of Leith from Stockbridge to Dean Village which is treelined and flower-lined, and with the rushing waters below. Last spring, the artist Antony Gormley installed several statues in and near the water. In late October, a man made of leaves and wearing a cap and wellies was sitting on a bench along the walk, with a coffee cup held out, as if collecting pennies for the guy. It made me grin, and quite happy.

Over the next few weeks, new leaf people have been added: a female companion for the guy on the bench, a young child pointing at the water, a teenager leaning over the railings at the water, and another sitting down by another iron railing. This family is probably made of a chicken wire fencing frame with leaves stuffed in, and the person or people behind this hasn't been revealed (I'm guessing it's a groundskeeper).

Over the past two days, over a foot of snow has fallen in Edinburgh. Heading to work in the snow, I knew the only way to go was by the leaf people, and along the gorgeous snow frosted river banks.

They are still there. The young child has been removed, but the couple on the bench have a small dog next to them. Someone had made them a snow baby.