And oh, above all others, it was you and always you. Angel mine, lover mine, friend of mine, mine.

Here are the things I think of when you ask me why I look so. I remember staring into your eyes of blue and seeing forever in them. Golden circlet surrounding an eclipse. Clouds of white and the sky. You let me stare and stare and never asked why. What did you see in mine? I don't know; I've always been too afraid to ask.

Long hands entwined in longer hair. Pulling, pulling, softly untangling the curly mess about me. I've never slept so well in my life as I did that first year. You were like an anchor, pulling me down and down. I drowned in you and oh how I drowned and I learned to breathe anew and I can thank you for that lesson as well.

And then somewhere along the way, I got lost. I lost everything, everyone. Nothing was worth getting up in the morning. Not even you - and you saw this and it cut you into pieces. And I can never forgive myself for doing that to you oh no never but you have, you already have and I thank you for that.

There are a thousand words upon my lips my tongue and I could mutter them and scatter them to the winds and whisper them into your neck and I do when I am feeling the urgency and the heat and the oh yes and the oh my and the long whimper and the happy sigh.

I was never good at Valentines but this one will have to do. Brand it with a burning kiss, seal it with the flick of the tongue. Send it off like a rocket until it's going, going, gone.