I lost my best friend today. My beloved squash racquet became victim to a savage blow from the door on my local squash court. *Sniff*, I'm writing this out of respect for my loved one... Why, oh why, did she have to leave me? Ruthie the racquet (bless her heart) and I had been together for so long, my baby had lasted around 2 seasons (which is an unbelievably long life for a squash racquet), and now... she's gone.

The poor little thing is probably cold, lonley and malnourished, lying in a snapped heap underneath a mound of smelly trash at the local tip. I tried to salvage it before the heartless beasts of the squash club finished her off, but it was too late. I can still hear the brisk snap echoing throughout my head whenever I think of Ruthie (bless her heart), the slamming head-first into the open door of court-number-three-in-the-squash-club-of-Invercargill-Squash-City. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye thinking of lost loves of the past. *Tear*.

But, as they say, shit happens. Subtle as a brick, I know, but shit does happen and it will continue to do so forever.

Now I have a new racquet, but this isn't just any racquet, this one boasts a weight of only 110 grams, and it's made out of some type of titainium. Champion! I never used to believe in love at first sight, not even when that really, really, really cute girl moved in next door (yes she still lives there - and yes I do have a chance!), but now... I've changed my story. Ever since I laid eyes on this baby my heart told me that I was in love. I just had to sit down! Whew!

I'm really looking forward to smashing some balls with this baby! I'll post an update if we "hit it off" :-P

For those of you who don't know, squash is basically the same as racquet ball (this is played in America, I think).