The name that I use in reference to my father, that is the male partially responsible for my creation, and whatnot. But aside from the technical stuff, what exactly is a dad, a father? Well, he's supposed to be this support system, this person that is there for you, there to kick the asses of potential boyfriends, or give you advice when you've got girl trouble, that sort of thing.

He's also this person, a real person, besides being your father, he's got this whole other side to him that you might not know anything about.

For instance, we went into the city in the hopes of purchasing some neat product. My best friend was with us, as well, and she has a tongue piercing. We need to find a plastic barbell because the steel is hurting her teeth. Any way, we don't really know of anywhere that might sell them.. but then my dad pipes up, "Go to Fantasy Land". Of course this is a seedy porno store with dildos and every other sexual toy/thing in creation. "Um.. Dad? Why are you so familiar with this porno store?" And then, when that turned out to be fruitless, that is, they didn't have one, he suggested we head on over to the tattoo parlour. "What? There's a tattoo parlour in this city?!" We, being these young adults, should know these things, shouldn't we? But no, my dad did. What's up with that? I'll tell you what..

I had this idea in my head that my father wasn't actually a real person, just this guy, you know? Just this wholesome guy that has four kids and a wife and.. wait a minute, four kids? Gasp! He had sex!! Yes, it's true. And weird. I love how I forget that my parents actually had lives before I was born too. That porn store has been around forever, apparently. What was funnier was the fact that he pointed out to us where the old motorcycle gang used to hang out. Ah, my dad, the Hell's Angel, or something. It's just too funny.

Another kind of unsettling matter was made known to me today, also by my father. There is a branch of the KKK in the city near my house, what's up with that? I thought it had you know, disappeared, but apparently it's going strong, they just don't get to lynch anyone anymore. That repulses me. I also learned that Calgary happens to be like "Grand Central Station" so to speak, for KKK members. Huh? Someone should have lifted that rock I've been living under a while ago, I think I've missed some important stuff.