I've been an avid computer user for about three or four years, and I do spend an awful lot of time in front of this glowing screen of greatness. This is my choice.. it's not because I don't have any friends, it's not because I'm addicted, it's because I love to do things on the computer, it's entertaining for me. I can't even begin to count the number of times people have chastised me for being on the net or using the computer too much! It drives me crazy.. so, here, below, are some reasons not to bother me, or anyone, about their computer-centred world:

"Computers are hardly a good way to spend time! You should be doing blahblahblahblah." I have never scrutinized anyone for hanging out with friends and just listening to music, chatting, and whatnot. So, why do so many people look down on me for talking to people from all over the world, learning about different cultures, picking up interesting tidbits of information about people from every corner of the Universe? It's because I can't see them in person, somehow this is a bad thing.. I think it's amazing.

"You don't get out enough." Yes, I do. I spend hours every day outside with horses, going for walks, doing whatever, just breathing in the day and playing with my horsie friends. So I don't hang out with a bunch of slobbering drunks, or find enjoyment gossiping about the "cute guy" I just met. Forgive me, but I just came out of a three year relationship that went terribly wrong, and my faith in men and relationships in general is weak. I like to spend a lot of time alone, drinking in life, it keeps me sane. I get out when I want to, not when society thinks I should.

"Human interaction is important, you need real friends!" I have real friends.. I choose not to spend a lot of time with the ones that have turned to drinking and partying constantly. Once again, it is not my thing. I love my internet friends, I've met my best friends online and I don't care who thinks that is stupid, and I don't care if no one else does that, it's just me.

"You're a geek." Yeah? WOooopty doo. I love to write, I love to read, society doesn't love me, I've never been popular, I don't want to be. I love me, I love who I am and what I do, and I'll continue to make my own decisions regarding my social life.

If I hear "you spend too much time on the computer" one more time, I will snap. Honestly. I am so tired of it. To me, it's the same as saying "You spend too much time doing what you love.. really, you need to do stupid crap you hate more often!"

I am who I am, you are who you are, don't judge me by the amount of time I spend doing any one thing. I'll never be like them. It's alright, though, I don't mind that people can't accept me as I am, it gives me something to node about. :)