Who are you? That's the first problem, really, you can't be yourself if you don't know who you are. I don't know who I am, I can't be myself because I haven't the slightest clue how to do so. It's supposed to be easy to be yourself, it's supposed to be natural, you're just supposed to be. It doesn't work like that, I've noticed. I am me, but I can never be myself, that isn't what anyone wants any way. (See: be yourself). What people really want is for you to fit their idea of you and what you should be, they want you to do what is expected of someone "like you". The truth of the matter is, most people spend so much time trying to be everything to everyone, they don't get a chance to establish a real persona, real interests, feelings. We're thrown into this life, and from the second we leave the womb people shape who we are, what we think, and it's not until the late teens (for the most part) that you actually get to truly think for yourself. Not that everyone takes the opportunity so soon, others take it earlier, but it becomes available somewhere along the line.. let me get to my point, here.

I was born nearly nineteen years ago, that is such an awfully long time.. and I still haven't the slightest clue who I am, where I'm going, what I'm doing. I never have known. I'd like to think that I will know one day, but I'm pretty sure it's better this way, any how..

"Sometimes, it's easy to be myself, and sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else." - Dave Matthews