True story:

Hello Doctor. I'm pissing blood with increasing frequency and I'm in constant pain.

"How long has this been going on?"

A couple of weeks now. I saw my regular doctor last week and he said to make an acute care appointment if the pain gets worse, so I did.

"We'll schedule you for some imaging. Someone will give you a call in the next 30-60 days when the referral goes through, and you'll be able to schedule with them. In the mean time drink plenty of water and take ibuprofen."

I'm already drinking water and taking ibuprofen. It isn't helping and the pain is getting worse.

"Try alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Is there anything else you need today?"


"We break it, we buy it" is the promise that Uncle Sam makes when you sign yourself over. What isn't expressed is the very low priority and regard with which Uncle Sam holds for broken things.


MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD

The service member(s) listed below have been deployed for greater than 30 days to locations known to be exposed to unknown airborne hazards as a result of the disposal of refuse by open air burning, including categorized military waste.


Known and suspected illness caused by exposure to military burn pits includes respiratory illness, eczema, organ disease, and other specific conditions. The VA has recently adopted new guidelines for specific diagnoses, but experts believe the list is incomplete and continue to publicly advocate for an expansion of these presumptive conditions.

If you or someone you know was exposed to military burn pits in Iraq, Afghanistan, certain parts of Africa, Kuwait, or Saudi Arabia, contact the law offices of...