Up at 6 am. Again. I've got this new job, and it's great and all. I mean, I bascially get paid to sit in front of a computer with a great internet connection and node/chat/surf all day long. Granted, I'm not paid much, but it's good.

The problem is that this week I've been adding hours on for people who aren't able to make it and it's wearing me down. Fortunately I got almost seven hours of sleep last night, but the night before that it was 2 and the night before that 4 hours. On a positive note, all this time at work allowed me to achieve my first ching yesterday. Funny that.

The whole thing started out with filling a nodeshell, which was essentially a biography. In order to do this biography, a lot of background information on several things was required. After making many, many hard links, I discovered that there was a lot of information needed. So I kept noding. But back to today. Nothing special as of yet. Still waiting on my new Powerbook Titanium. Of course it won't come today, being Sunday, and not tomorrow, as it is Memorial Day in the United States. That doesn't keep me from obsessing about it.

Commuting: I have to drive 50 minutes here to the school (where I'm working for the summer) across one of the most idiotic things known to man. The New Orleans Causeway. Seriously, who builds a 24 mile long bridge across the middle of a lake? I've been having these odd thoughts while driving on it lately, like what falling over in the car would be like.

More substantial daylog-type stuff later if any happens. (doubtful)


Okay, I've been noding around a little bit, and up came a link for MS Linux. Okay, that was a funny page, but it got me interested.
<rant> Geek that I fancy myself to be, I have strangely not read anything on Windows XP up until today. Well now I read their page. I am so pissed off.

I mean, it's just amazing, the sheer audacity of some of the shit they write on that page? It brings two questions to my mind:

  1. Who are they trying to fool?
  2. Are they succeeding?
It's really awful. With all these 'new' features, it really is starting to look like Linux. And they make all of these startling admissions in their zeal to promote their new product. "Now stable," etc...

And the cd-burning speed bullshit. I'm so damn sick of marketing bullshit from everyone. "Records cd's 700% faster than in Win98." Well, yeah, sure, if you go with Windows Media Player's inept 2x recording of songs. Please. The really sad thing is that the fine print about this is only on one of the, perhaps, three pages which say it. /me sighs. Oh well. Now I keep wondering, "Will I end up buying the upgrade just to try and keep current so I can help my family/friends/etc...?" </rant>