Heinous in Germany - 15 Jan 2001

Monday dawned earlier than necessary, in my humble opinion. I got ready, and made an interesting breakfast out of a tomato, some green pepper, and some cheese. Marc stopped by in the morning, as it had occured to him that I didn't yet have a ticket for the U-bahn. We had some coffee, and then headed off for another exciting day at the SuSE office.

The build was still broken, so there was not too much I could do, short of documentation for most of the day. At lunch, we went to another of these Döner Kebap places. It was quite good. After that, I went to the grocery store and bought some pretzels, some carrots, some cigarettes, and some peanut butter. Apparently peanut butter is some sort of weird American special item, which is imported and quite expensive here. Strange.

Later, I got an email from Marc asking me if I knew the details of when Randall (one of the guys from the Oakland office) was planning on arriving and such. I told him I would see if Randall was still there, because I thought he left on Monday. I sent off an email to Randall asking when he was arriving, and if he needed to be picked up from the station, or flughafen, or whatever. As soon as I finished the letter, someone was saying, "Hi Leah", in the doorway. I finished sending off my email, and turned around to be surprised by Randall. I was very happy to see him, and I dragged him around for a bit.

We all decided to go for dinner at the Greek restaurant, that everyone seems to like so much. Quite a few people were there, and we had a good time drinking bier and so forth.

We returned to the office, where I finally managed to figure out the strange phones here, and called my friend Matt, in Switzerland, and arranged to come down to visit him on Saturday to Monday, this weekend. After a little more hanging around the office, we all headed home.