Born 10/25/1954. This pale, greasy, balding, geeky, middle-aged man has become a sort of folk hero of porn by creating hundreds of videos featuring him getting it on with all kinds of women, from porn starlets to girl-next-door types. In 1989, he released Bus Stop Tales, which showed his uncanny ability to score with women (and videotape it) despite his looks, which are average at best. By keeping the women laughing with his self-effacing humor, Ed could talk women into doing just about anything, even on camera. By 1990, he had parlayed his skill into a series of low-budget videos titled Dirty Debutantes, which often featured women who had never had sex on camera before. At some point, he became a kind of gateway to the porn business, where women looking to get into porn would perform in one of his videos as a kind of screen test. The elements of his videos: ridiculously low production values, no scripts, and a steady stream of fresh faces made him one of the kings of the gonzo porn genre, inspiring many sequels, spinoffs, and imitations. Ed's work is fairly mainstream as far as hardcore porn is concerned; his scenes feature friendly, straight sex, masturbation, or male-friendly lesbianism. By rarely delving into fringe areas like bondage or water sports, he appeals to a very large consumer base. An added attractor has got to be the effect of seeing a true underdog like Ed nail a seemingly endless line of babes less than half his age.