Make sure that you use fish, and not bad hairstyles in this dish.

Red mullet have a lot of bones, so do not feed this to people with very bad eyesight unless you hate them.

4 red mullet (each fish should weigh about 1/2 lb, so that's one fish for each person)
6 tablespoons of olive oil
12 capers (rinsed and dried. packed in salt is better than in brine)
3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2-4 anchovy fillets (depending on how much you like them)
1 glass of a fairly light red wine
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
salt and black pepper

Preheat the oven to 200C (400F, gas mark 6). Wash and gut the fish, and make sure that all stray scales have been removed. (Use the flat of a knife and a cloth to do this. Mullet do not give up their scales easily. If you buy your fish from a proper fishmonger, rather than from a supermarket, get em to do this messy stuff for you.)

Put the fish into an ovenproof dish that is slightly taller than the fish. Make sure that the dish is as close to the size of the fish as possible, so that they can sit closely together without overlapping.

Put the oil, capers, parsley, garlic, anchovies, salt, pepper and wine into an electric mixer, and blend until they form a thick sauce. Try to do this very briefly, so that the mixture still retains some texture from the parsley and capers. Stir in the fennel seeds and pour over the fish.

Place them in the hot oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is well cooked. Serve with bread to dip into the sauce, and with plenty of red wine.