I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes





The laughing man. What to say? The "Laughing Man", as he is dubbed, is a character in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. He is a cyber terrorist, using kidnapping and acts of violence to protest the making and use of Cyber-Brains in the GITS universe.

In "Standalone Complex", the Major tracks the laughing man, his imitators, his pawns, and many hapless innocents merely controlled by him through Ghost Hacking though a tangled web of information, informers, and Government cover-ups.

The quotes on this page come from The Catcher in the Rye




or should I?






The laughing man. What to say? The "Laughing Man", ... I've said this before, haven't I? The laughing man seems to pop up everywhere and nowhere. He comes, he goes, he is forgotten, erased from his friends, enemies, and victims minds. He hops between bodies, ditching one and taking another as he sees fit. Sometimes he recruits helpers, like a group of autistic children at a mental facility.

What are his motives? Early on we learn that he kidnaps the president. Later we find him looking for a list of those vaccinated against a disease not unlike Multiple Sclerosis. He comes and goes...




You know what I'd like to be? I mean if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.






The laughing man. He is the definition of Mindfuck.