The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot is the sixth book of the web comic Sluggy Freelance by Pete Abrams. The comic began to be published online on August 25, 1997.

The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot was published in book form by Plan Nine Publishing in Thomasville, NC, and the first printing was done in September 2001. It is 180 pages long, and covers the span from On the Run to The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot.


A synopsis of the book, along with the date each chapter began online:

Chapter 20: On the Run

On the Run: The Caribbean (8/15/00): The gang heads to the Caribbean while Bun-bun gives chase for erasing his Baywatch videotapes.
On the Run: Bun-bun's Black Op Elves (8/26/00): Bun-bun recruits a rogue group of Santa's Black-Op elves to find Torg, Riff, and Zoe.
On the Run: Dr. Crabtree (9/3/00): Dr. Crabtree tries to find Kiki, while Bun-bun tries to find Torg and Zoe.
On the Run: Finale (9/20/00): Bun-bun and Dr. Crabtree close in. Torg has a plan to appease Bun-bun.

Chapter 21: The Hunt

Pete gets Lazy Week(s) (10/9/00): Random filler.
The Hunter (10/19/00): Torg hires a professional demon hunter to protect him from the Dimension of Pain demons at Halloween. But he doesn't count on the Elder Demon Squid of Power... Spear, I said Spear. Enter Sasha.
Sasha (11/6/00): Zoe and Sasha bond, and Zoe feels guilty about not looking for Gwynn. Torg and Riff have a steak funeral. Caption This! contest.
Rescue Mission to the North Pole! (11/27/00): The Black-Op Elves return to the North Pole when they receive a distress call from Mrs. Claus. They find that Santa has been doing genetic experimentation, and that the elves have turned into monsters. Nothing can save them now but RSR gas. And maybe some Nerf.
Spitting Image (12/18/00): Riff makes Double-Tundra Hanukah Snowball Cookies. Torg looks for the perfect Christmas present to win Zoe's heart. Except... it turns Zoe into a camel. The guys try to find a way to change her back. Includes a very short 2001: A Space Odyssey parody.
Kiki Shrugged (1/15/01): Kiki gets possessed by the constipated ghost of Ayn Rand after her litter box is lined with pages from her books. Drawn by Ian McDonald of Bruno the Bandit.
Intermission (1/22/01): Bun-bun, Aylee, and Kiki go flying, and Bun-bun catches a cold in the snow. They go to a ski lodge to warm him up, but meet a P.E.T.A. guy there.

Chapter 19: The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot

The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot 1 (1/29/01): Gwynn walks along a path, and K'Z'K taunts her. She reaches out to her friends for help along the way. Riff works on his Robot Mark 5 in case demons happen to stop by.
Not a Good Idea (2/12/01): Sasha tells Torg that she'll hook him up with Zoe, but Torg informs her about Oasis. Sasha takes Torg to Le Snootier to see if Oasis is waiting for him. She is. Enter Kusari, and an awesome fight scene.
The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot 2 (3/5/01): Gwynn (possessed by K'Z'K) finds Torg, Riff, and Zoe. Aylee gets pissed off and joins the fray.
Jane Doe (3/22/01): Torg recovers from the fight in the hospital, and is shocked when the "Jane Doe" they bring in is none other than Oasis.


Sluggy Freelance Books:

Book 1: Is It Not Nifty?
Book 2: Worship the Comic
Book 3: When Holidays Attack!
Book 4: Game Called on Account of Naked Chick
Book 5: Yippy Skippy, The Evil!
Book 6: The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot
Book 7: A Very Big Bang!
Book 8: Fire and Rain


Sources: The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot by Pete Abrams, and http://sluggy.com